An EU H2020 project
June 2016 - November 2019
As part of the FAO One Water One Health & EU Horizon 2020 Initiative, a technical meeting was held at the FAO Headquarters in Rome, attended by representatives of the FAO Land and Water Division and the Consortium project to show Innovative water de-fluoridation technologies promoted by the FLOWERED project and to explore new avenues for water de-fluorination technologies.
On the occasion of this event, the researchers and the representatives of the institutions involved in the project shared the project results, within the framework of the researches carried out and the management systems developed in the areas affected by the water, soil and food fluoride contamination in the African Rift Valley countries.
Four technical speeches were presented:
1. Advancing hydrogeological knowledge
2. Developing mitigation options for fluoride contamination in agriculture and livestock systems
3. Developing innovative water de-fluoridation technologies
4. Socio-Economic Analysis.
In this regard, a round table on the following subjects, was organized and the discussions revolved around:
· Exchange of experiences, knowledge and good practices;
· New and joint paths to explore on de-fluoridation technologies for improving quality of water and agro-animal products;
· Potential funds for implementation of new activities.
The OSS, being the lead of the communication activities presented a documentary film summarizing the project achievements since it was set up in 2016, and delivered communication releases it developed as part of the project (leaflets, comics, ...).
Some prospects for future collaboration with FAO, following the presentation of the FLOWERED project, were pointed out.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement N°690378