CGT-UNISI team will contribute to the research activities in FLOWERED project with its on the fieldwork experience in many sectors of Geology, GIS, remote Sensing, Geophysics, Hydrogeology and Environment, such as measuring and managing aquifers, geometrical characterization of aquifers, quantitative and qualitative assessing of groundwater, including numerical modelling of groundwater flow and transport of pollutants.
- performing the geological, geophysical, geochemical, hydrogeological characterization, numerical modelling of groundwater and assessment of test areas selected in Ethiopia, Tanzania and Kenya as well as the hydrogeological features along the East Rift Valley System in order to identify fluoride pollution sources and design a plan to an effective monitoring network WP1
- implementation of the GIS and Web-GeoDB system (Task 4.1) and mobile application (Task 4.2), support for Remote Sensing classification algorithms related and crowd-generating data activities to 4.3 and 4.4 task studies WP4
- to support the dissemination activities of this project with specific web-GIS tools designed for the local, regional and international policy makers WP4
- collaboration to the identification of social constraints and technology impact assessment (Task 5.1) and to the evaluation and planning of FLOWERED exploitation possibilities (Task 5.2) WP5
- collaboration to ensure the capacity building and a widespread and successful dissemination of technical and scientific knowledge being acquired within the Project at different levels (Task 6.3), develop a scientific and technical dissemination and deployment of dissemination campaign in order to improving local and scientific knowledge (Task 6.1, 6.2, 6.3) WP6
- to support the deployment of the also through co-authoring scientific papers in international peer-review journals (Task 6.2) WP6